The May 2013 issue of Age and Ageing, the journal of the British Geriatrics Society is out now.
A full table of contents is available here, with editorials, research papers, reviews, short reports, case reports book reviews and more. Hot topics this issue include:
- Pathogenesis and management of osteoarthritis
- Risk factors for abuse in older people
- The cost of stroke in Ireland
- Preventing iatrogenic illness
- Quality of life with advancing age
The Editor’s View article can be read here.
This issue’s free and open access paper are:
- Elder abuse: a systematic review of risk factors in community-dwelling elders
- Which part of the Quick mild cognitive impairment screen (Qmci) discriminates between normal cognition, mild cognitive impairment and dementia?
- Cardiovascular risk factors and cognitive decline in adults aged 50 and over: a population-based cohort study
- The transition to living alone and psychological distress in later life
- Prevalence of sarcopenia in community-dwelling older people in the UK using the European Working Group on Sarcopenia in Older People (EWGSOP) definition: findings from the Hertfordshire Cohort Study (HCS).